Former Coventry and Warwickshire NHS executive jailed for child sex offences

Former Coventry and Warwickshire NHS executive jailed for child sex offences.

Paul Lipscombe, 51, pleaded guilty to 34 offences, including two counts of rape, at a previous hearing.

A former senior NHS manager who raped a 12-year-old and sexually molested five other girls after grooming them on Snapchat was sentenced to 28 years in prison.

Leicestershire Police are seeking any other victims of Paul Lipscombe to come forward after a court heard the 51-year-old tell a probation officer he is a “monster” who has been conducting sex crimes against young girls since he was in his 20s.

The married executive, described as “devious” and “manipulative,” raised his eyebrows but remained calm as he was sentenced to three years in prison, a consecutive sentence of 25 years and one month, and an additional three years on licence after serving his sentences. At an earlier hearing, Lipscombe pleaded guilty to 34 charges, including two acts of rape, three sexual assaults, and 22 counts of sexual activity or incitement involving a juvenile, all of which involved victims aged 12 to 15.

Lipscombe, a software expert from Rothley, Leicestershire, guilty to producing indecent photographs of minors and distributing them, including images of some of his abuse victims, according to Leicester Crown Court.

The image-related charges included using AI technology to make indecent images and establishing an online payment-based membership service that sold recordings of child abuse to gold, silver, and bronze “members”.

On Monday, prosecutor Frida Hussain KC told Judge Keith Raynor that Lipscombe was detained on suspicion of kidnapping a missing child when authorities pulled over his white Tesla outside a KFC in Birstall, near Leicester, in April of last year.

Ms Hussain told the court that the youngster went missing from her house late at night and was picked up by Lipscombe nearby, who then took her to the hotel.

The court also heard that Lipscombe gave the 15-year-old a “script” instructing her to ring 999 and falsely say that she was “being abused” by others and was leaving home because she was unhappy.

Ms Hussain stated about Lipscombe’s arrest: “He was cautioned, and when he was cautioned, he said, ‘I have not kidnapped anyone, I know exactly where she is.'”

“He then told the authorities where she could be found.” Lipscombe, a performance and informatics specialist at the University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, attempted to “peddle a script” to officers, claiming that the girl was in danger at home.

Police discovered the boy at a rented address, Ms Hussain said, adding, “He accused others of serious crimes simply to conceal his own crimes.”

Follow-up searches at the hotel, Lipscombe’s car, and his home turned up evidence that the boy had been sexually molested, including his phone, soft toys, restraints, an open bottle of vodka, and another phone that had been erased of all data.

The court heard that Lipscombe, who appeared in court dressed in a grey suit and a striped tie, made no comment during first police interviews and subsequently refused to communicate with police while on remand.

Among the many social media profiles, including Snapchat accounts with bogus names, Lipscombe claimed to be a keynote speaker and award-winning NHS expert.

Judge Raynor sentenced “warped” Lipscombe, who met five of the victims and committed an internet offence against the sixth girl, on Tuesday, saying, “The evidence shows you to have been an intelligent, confident, resourceful, and well-organised individual.”

“You lived in a wonderful house with your wife and were proud of your wealth and the Tesla automobile parked in your driveway.

“The evidence shows that you were devious, scheming, and manipulative.” You were brazen in your offending and took huge risks. Sexual molestation of young girls was a lifelong preoccupation for you.

The judge stated that the victims were “truly vulnerable,” and that some had been groomed by receiving gifts such as toys and teddy bears.

Before the sentence was imposed, defence lawyer Mary Prior KC informed the court that Lipscombe still has a sexual interest in children but has no prior convictions.

She added of the NHS worker: “He was also an award-winning employee of the National Health Service because of the work he had done, particularly during Covid, in reducing patient wait times and improving computer systems.” “He did live, aside from this awful part of him, a good and decent life and was a useful member of society.”

During her submissions, Ms Prior made no attempt to justify Lipscombe’s “disgusting and despicable” behaviour.

The court heard Lipscombe gave another internet user what amounted to a “paedophile’s step-by-step guide” to approaching young girls online, gaining their trust, and then arranging a meeting.

According to Leicestershire Police, investigators from the department’s specialised Child Abuse Investigation Unit (CAIU) handled the case.

When Lipscombe first contacted the females, he claimed to be in his late 20s or early 30s, according to investigators.

Following the court hearing, Detective Constable Lauren Speight of the CAIU stated: “Our investigation into this man’s offending is ongoing.” “We assume he had contact with additional females and may have committed sexual offences against them.

“We urge anyone who has communicated with him to notify us. “We are highly trained to speak with youngsters who may have been victims of similar crimes.

“I would also like to praise the girls andThey have families. Lipscombe is no longer able to prey on youngsters because of their efforts.”

A representative for the University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust stated, “We would like to thank the girls and their families, as well as Leicestershire Police, for their bravery and courage in bringing Paul Lipscombe to justice for these heinous acts.

“After Lipscombe was arrested in April 2024, we immediately suspended him before firing him from his administrative, non-patient-facing position in June 2024.

“The Trust has and will continue to assist Leicestershire Police with their investigations, and it has conducted its own internal examination; nothing has been found at this time to indicate that this individual’s criminal action was committed as part of their position.

Read more on Straightwinfortoday.com

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.