Bove return was ‘classy’ – Watford boss Still

Bove return was ‘classy’ – Watford boss Still.

Ed Still, Watford’s head coach, lauded Edoardo Bove’s comeback to play after 13 months away as “classy”.

He joined the Hornets last month and came on as an 86th-minute substitute in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Preston North End.

“He received a huge round of applause in the dressing room because everyone understands what he’s been through,” Still told BBC Radio Three Counties.

“Hats off to him for what he’s been through and had to cope with off the pitch and away from sport. It’s classy for him to return to the state of mind he was in before.

Bove was transported to urgent care after collapsing on the pitch two years ago while on loan with Italian club Fiorentina. He was eventually implanted with a cardiac defibrillator and did not play a senior game until Saturday.

The former Italy Under-21 international provides new signing Still with another option as he seeks to keep Watford in the play-off race.

They host sixth-placed Derby County on Saturday in a crucial game, and Still is pleased with the squad he has inherited. “I need 14 positions in the starting lineup.

We will see.Those chosen to start next week will have earned it over the week,” he said.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.