Cammy Devlin reveals Hearts contract conversations

Cammy Devlin reveals Hearts contract conversations.

Cammy Devlin has revealed that Heart of Midlothian has held talks with his agent about potentially extending his contract.

The diminutive Australian midfielder is in his final year at Tynecastle Park, but he remains an important player under Derek McInnes.

The Hearts’ head coach considers him his best player in preseason. When asked if he would be open to a new contract, Devlin responded immediately: “Of course.”

The club has not spoken with the player, but they have spoken with his agent. “I think everyone kind of knows my personality,” he told me. “I’ve been sitting in front of you for several years now. You know I enjoy being here. “The city has truly welcomed me.

I feel at home in Edinburgh. I met my girlfriend over here, and having her family, as I’ve previously stated, has made everything feel a lot better.

“And yeah, of course I am [open to staying], but that’s not what I’m thinking of right now because I just want to play good football and then that will take care of itself.” Devlin joined Hearts in 2021, and the only current players with more appearances for the club are Craig Gordon and Stephen Kingsley.

He has gained a lot of experience during that time while also proving his worth in the maroon and white, as evidenced by his performance in Monday night’s 2-0 victory over Aberdeen.

He believes his contract will take care of itself as the club focusses on building a season-long squad.

“I feel like there’s been a massive focus with obviously Tony Bloom coming in, with so many coming in and obviously the transfer window is still open,” he said. 

“We’ve had so many players coming to the club. I can’t speak on behalf of the club, but that’s probably been the club’s focus. And I’m sure, like I say, that [my contract] will take care of itself.

“If I perform well, I hope to achieve a positive outcome. But for the time being, I’m just focused on playing, hopefully every week, and playing well.

And, as I previously stated, I am confident that this will resolve itself. The 27-year-old is optimistic about the future and the club’s ambitions under Tony Bloom. “That’s a massive carrot,” he said. “But I believe you’re already fortunate to be at a club like Hearts. “I believe it is a massive club.

When I came over from Australia and played my first game, I couldn’t believe what was going on, and you can still feel it now.

“I believe that coming into work every day, I am fortunate to have some really good friends with whom I can spend my days. Some boys have left. Some are still around.

So everything is great. “And then, obviously, with Tony Bloom joining… when you’re at a club, you want to be ambitious.” You want to be the best version of yourself, and as a player, I am that.

“So fingers crossed it can be successful and I think it’s a really exciting time for the club.”

Read more on Straightwinfortoday.com

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.